Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is currently available on Steam via its Early Access program and Frozenbyte has released a new content update that introduces new levels and various gameplay improvements. In order to celebrate this announcement, Frozenbyte has also released a new trailer for Trine 3 that can be viewed below.
As Frozenbyte noted, this new update for Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is 1.8GB in size, adds various optimizations for all PC configurations, as well as for gaming on laptops and in battery mode, adds a new story level and a new challenge level.
Here is the changelog for Trine 3’s latest update:
* Patch size will be about 1.8 GB due to rebuilded data (optimizations) and due to new content
* Added more optimizations
* Added optimizations when game is run on laptop and in battery mode (Game will reduce shader quality and enables 30 FPS cap when battery mode is detected)
* Fixed some crashes in co-op gameplay
* Fixed rare crash issues which happened to various users
* Added different colors for player characters when playing Tutorial and Unlimited Mode (also affects local co-op)
* Fixed some online multiplayer issues in all levels
* Added “The Astral Academy” story level!
* Added “Challenge #3” level!
* Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “The Three Heroes” level
* Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “Academy Outskirts” level
* Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “Themepark” level
* Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “Challenge” levels
* Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “Concept 01” and “Public Editor Example” levels
* Added new player re-spawn system and spirits (still a bit work in progress!)
* Added Mouse Wheel support for Amadeus (Wizard) levitation (object moves in depth)
* Fixed Zoya (Thief) bow shooting on kb+mouse (no more automatic arrow release)
* Fixed bunch of small issues for all player character skills
* Tweaked logic for various player character skills
Save & Load
* Added automatic saving system
* Added new effects to various gameplay elements
* Added new audio effects to various gameplay elements and levels
* Added new console into game (F8)
* Added Ctrl+v support for the console
* Added missing localizations for English
* Added “Complete Astral Academy” achievement
* Added “Collect all shards from Astral Academy” achievement
* Fixed issue where new editor install might delete your level save files if installed to old editor install folder
* When reporting bugs, please always state game’s version number and build number. Check the version number from game’s main menu.
List of Known Issues
* Online Multiplayer doesn’t have sound if Voice Chat is enabled. You can disable it from %appdata%/Trine3/options.txt (more info on Steam community forums)
* Public Editor might have issues if you try to install new version into old versions install folder (also hundreds of pop ups might appear).