AzDimension has announced that its upcoming adventure game that features elements of FPS and horror, The Last DeadEnd, will release on May 1st. According to the press release, the main feature of the game is that the action takes place in the actual location – Old City.
Old City is placed in the old part of the city of Baku, the capital of the Republic of Azerbaijan. This Old city has a thousand-year history, is surrounded by a fortress wall, inside which there are historical and archaeological monuments of world significance – ancient palaces, towers, caravanserais and mosques.
The plot of the game is based on the idea that Azerbaijan, as a country of fire and fire-worshipers, is one of the birthplace of the most ancient religion of the East – Zoroastrianism. The works of the famous American writer Dan Brown inspired the developers to create the image of the hero and some of the motives of the game.
The script of the game was based on the adventures of the young scientist-linguist Farhad, who returned to his homeland from the United States to help in filming a movie for an international television channel. Here he faces strange events connected with the ancient religion of Zoroastrianism and the scientist has to find out the reason of these events.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Most of the game takes place in unusual locations for the genre – a flooded fortress, an ancient palace, ancient ruins, etc. This is one of the rare games in the genre, with elements of horror, where action takes place in a real city, enveloped in a mystical atmosphere.
- The game takes place both from the first person and the third person.
- There are several regular enemies in the game, as well as strong enemies (bosses), that were inspired by local legends. In the fight against some of them, there is its own tactic of winning them.
- The game has an extensive encyclopedia and the possibility of research. Articles in a vast encyclopedia, containing articles about historical objects, characters, symbols, etc., are added along the course of the game.
- Some of the locations are built one-to-one with real city and historical buildings, the game has many objects that reflect the national flavor of the old city.