Ubisoft has detailed the next major update for The Division 2 that will be made available to everyone later this month. According to the release notes, Update 3 will add the first 8-player raid, Operation Dark Hours.
Operation Dark Hours will pit eight players together for the first time in the history of the franchise to experience the most challenging activity available in the game. As Ubisoft noted, teamwork, collaboration, and adaptation will be necessary to defeat the Black Tusk.
Furthermore, this patch will bring a “Anti-aliasing” graphics setting with new Ultra alternative for sharper image when in motion, will add a Neutral Lighting setting to all platforms, will bring Text Chat improvements and more.
Ubisoft is currently testing this patch via the game’s PTS (Public Test Server) so those interested can already download it and test it (though from what we know the Raid is not functional on the PTS version).
Below you can find the release notes for this upcoming update.
The Division 2 Patch 3 Release Notes
New Feature: Operation Dark Hours
Operation Dark Hours is our first 8-player raid coming to Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. It pits eight players together for the first time in the history of the franchise to experience the most challenging activity available in the game. Teamwork, collaboration, and adaptation will be necessary to defeat the Black Tusk.
- Text Chat improvements
- Players can toggle displaying personal and group loot drops.
- Text chat will now lose focus after sending a message.
- Group tab will be populated with all raid members when queueing for a raid.
- Improved feedback when attempting invalid actions in text chat.
- Added a Neutral Lighting setting to all platforms.
- Added “Anti-aliasing” graphics setting with new Ultra alternative for sharper image when in motion.
- Character sheet
- Will now properly update and display Accuracy, Stability, Recoil, Weapon Swap and Reload Speed from +Weapon Handling bonuses.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs in the Bounty screen had broken animations.
- Fixed an issue where players on PlayStation 4 were unable to complete the Big Game Hunter commendation.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from completing the Side Mission Medical Camp Attack.
- Fixed an issue where armor values on AI in the Dark Zone scaled incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the Sniper Turret would aim at targets out of line of sight in PvP.
- Fixed an issue where Scanner Pulse and Remote Pulse were not properly affected by Skill Duration.
- Fixed various issues where Skill bonuses were not applied properly.
- Fixed an issue where bounties rewarded from Projects in Settlements were rewarding the wrong amount of XP and Credits.
- Fixed an issue where Clan Cashes would scale incorrectly when opened in another player’s lower level session.