Last week, Ubisoft released Title Update 4 for The Division 2 on all platforms. And today, Ubisoft revealed that Title Update 5 will be coming to the PTS on July 1st. As always, the PTS is only available on the PC, meaning that PC gamers will be able to test all the new changes that will be included in it.
Ubisoft has also detailed the key features for this upcoming update. Title Update 5 will make all blueprints available to be shared across all sources, and Inaya will also have these blueprints on sale at the BOO. Furthermore, heroic bosses will now drop Exotics, and Exotics that are brought to the gear score max are all max rolls.
Title Update 5 will also introduce a flashlight attachment for pistols, to new weapons (Carbine 7 Assault Rifle and Stoner LMG), will add New Exotic BTSU (Black Tusk Special Unit) Gloves, and will bring some enhancements to the Crafting Station.
It’s also worth noting that Title Update 5 will overhaul all of the Skills, meaning that some Skills got worse while others got buffed.
Below you can find all the key changes that will be coming to The Division 2 Title Update 5.
- All blueprints will now be shared across all sources, meaning you will be able to grind Control Point Alert Level 3 and 4 to get all Blueprints.
- Inaya will also have these blueprints on sale at the BOO.
- Heroic Bosses drop Exotics
- The ones that come from crafting quests (like Nemesis), must be first acquired before they will drop from bosses. This is another way to get to max gear score exotics.
- Exotics that are brought to the gear score max are all max rolls. Meaning if you bring an exotic up to 500 gear score, it will be a max roll.
Gun Runner Buff
- Cassie Mendoza will now sell GS500 items.
- She will also sell Named Items and Exotics
Crafting Station Upgrade
- The Crafting Station can be upgraded to GS 500
- The upgrade requires a GS 490 Gun, GS 490 Gear Piece and Materials
- Crafted items can be used for recalibration. To and from.
- There will be a flashlight attachment for pistols.
- It can be found somewhere.
- Two new weapons will be added with Title Update 5.
- Carbine 7 Assault Rifle
- Stoner LMG
- Both with new Talents
- Diamondback lever action rifle will also be added
=> Carbine 7 / Stoner LMG
New Exotic Gloves
- New Exotic BTSU (Black Tusk Special Unit) Gloves.
- This is specialized on hybrid Skill Builds (Offensive / Crowd Control combos) when you switch between those skills you will unlock very good buffs.
- For example, the Remote Pulse will have a detonate effect
They have done an overhaul of all Skills and in particular how they interact with Skill mods – how they get buffed and get more effective. The most viable skill-builds revolved around explosive skills – now they are even stronger, while the other like the Turret or the Shields are on par with that.
It basically started with looking at the DPS meta and how much damage you can do with weapons. At the moment you can do up to 3 Million DPS with an assault rifle build. They then basically used that as a benchmark and started working on the Skill Builds so that they can keep up with that. The goal was not to nerf the weapons – but to buff, a 100% Skill focused build up to that level.
What has changed
The Skill Mods got a big buff in how much impact they have on the Skills:
- TU4: A 3k Skill Power Turret Mod will buff the damage by 25-30%
- TU5: A 3k Skill Power Turret Mod will buff the damage by 150%
Cooldown Reduction becomes Skill Haste
They also looked at cooldowns and how effective the current cooldown system is. It was very easy to get 90% Skill Cooldown Reduction and get it down to 10 seconds. This is a problematic situation.
What they basically did is, that they changed Cooldown Reduction into Skill Haste. Skill Haste goes way above 100% and is a healthier system for the long term health of the game.
- So as of Title Update 5 Cooldown Reduction has been changed into Skill Haste on all your items.
- The current values will also be buffed by 33%
- There are also very powerful Skill Haste Mods – so when you have 3k Skill Power you can have up to 200% Skill Haste on those mods.
Damage Buffs to Skills
The damage Skills were also buffed to do a lot more damage to the NPCs – even before the buffs from the Specialization are added on top of that. So when you have 3k Skill Power you can do a lot of damage even on challenging difficulty. But on heroic difficulty, it will still take some effort.
Weapons are still very much viable
While the Skills got a big buff – the king of continuous damage are still the weapons. This rework is not about “replacing weapon builds with skill builds” but to make them a viable option on the battlefield.
Shields were also buffed
The Shield-Skills also got a big buff to become more usable on the battlefield