Vostok Games has released a brand new update for its free-to-play online first-person shooter, Survarium. Patch 0.52 introduces a new graphics renderer, minimizes input lag without decreasing frames per second count, improves client performance when playing with a ping above 50ms and enables vertical synchronization in the game lobby.
Moreover, this patch improves game performance during shootouts in matches and when rendering location geometry, fixes positioning of sound that is made by enemies running inside buildings, reworks the visual effects of anomalies, artifacts, fires, tracers, and reduces input lag between pressing fire button and a shot (on some weapons).
Those interested can download Survarium 0.52 from here, and you can find its complete changelog below.
Survarium Update 0.52 Release Notes
- Survarium now uses a new graphic renderer.
- Removed the following options from the Graphics menu: Lighting quality, Decorations quality, Postprocessing quality, Particles quality, Renderer version.
- Added the following option to the Graphics menu: Depth of field, Film grain, Lens flares, Chromatic aberration, Radial blur, Channel blur, Color shift, Vignetting, Subsurface scattering, Grass shadows, Ambient occlusion quality, Field of view.
- Added a new visual setting “Field of view” to the Graphics menu.
- Input lag minimized without decreasing frames per second count.
- Added Minimize input lag option to the Game menu.
- Minimize input lag option perfectly matches input lag and frames per second count, and also minimizes network latency.
- Reduced input lag between pressing fire button and a shot (on some weapons).
- Fixed the display of damage decrease modifiers. A blank shield is displayed upon 40% decreased. A half-painted shield is displayed upon 60% decrease. A fully painted shield is displayed upon 80% decrease. Added an option to turn off damage indicators in the Game menu.
- Reworked the visual effects of anomalies, artifacts, fires, tracers.
- Changed materials of muzle brakes, tracers, explosions and particles when shooting some surfaces.
- Added the option to play with bots in a mode when they ignore player characters. The function can be turned on in the “Training with bots” tab.
- Improved client performance when playing with a ping above 50 ms.
- Vertical synchronization is enabled in the game lobby.
- Bots’ visual perception in the fog is weakened.
- Made the first and second rounds of the new renderer optimization.
Changes in the Treasures Hunt: 100th level players and players with the highest reputation in all factions won’t get experience and reputation boosters correspondingly anymore
- Improved game performance during shootouts in matches.
- Improved game performance when rendering location geometry.
- Changed shot sound effect at the distance on some open locations (Rudnya, Mamayev Kurgan).
- Fixed positioning of sound that is made by enemies running inside buildings.
- Improved screenshot option: now a screenshot not only is saved into a folder, but also copied to exchange buffer.
- Reworked the lighting on the following locations: Rudnya, Chemical Plant, Mamayev Kurgan and Cologne Bridge,. At the moment the new lighting is ready only for the daytime versions of the locations..
- Changed lighting on the following locations: London, Vostok Radar Station, School, Tarakanovsky Fort & Vector Laboratory. This locations temporarily have lower discrepancies between light and shadowy parts which looks more similar to the Survarium alpha. In the future lighting on this locations will be changed to be more in line with the other locations. At the moment lighting is set only for daytime.
- Reworked the lighting on team and training missions.
- Rudnya received a dense fog on a swamp.
- Rudnya: willows are replaced with apple trees. Medical UAZ returned to its historical place. Small changes in the lighting of the location are made.
- Fixed several issues causing bots to be stuck on the lumberyard in the “Dangerous Knowledge” team mission.
- Dead characters on the statistics screen (“Tab” button in a match) are displayed in transparent text.
- Increased performance when the mini-map, crosshair or missions information is updated in a match.
- Improved framerate stability during shootouts with other characters.
- Optimized transition into the Killcam mode.
- It’s now possible to send a clan invite via chat window.
- Fixed the equipment display on the post-match screen and in the history.
- Location loading screens no longer have hints which are not related to the location or the chosen game mode.
- The description of settings is now displayed when you hover not only on the name of the setting, but also on its value.
- Improved game performance after changing character’s profile in a match.
Weapons, Equipment and Supplies
- Damage of all SMGs at max distance increased from 30% to 40%.
- Damage of all shotguns at max distance increased from 20% to 30%.
- AKM, AKM “Avenger”, AKM’65.: damage increased from 32 to 34.
- AKS-74U, AKS-74U “Corsair”: damage increased from 30 to 32.
- M4A1, M4A1 NY 2017, M4A1 “Hi-Tech”: damage increased from 28 to 30, changed recoil pattern.
- PP-2000, PP-2000 “Ornament”: damage increased from 32 to 33, effective distance increased from 15 to 20 meter.
- MP-153 “Baykal”: damage decreased from 145 to 115, rate of fire increased from 220 to 250, effective distance increased from 10 to 15 ?, shot grouping reduced from 4.5 to 4, shot grouping from the hip reduced from 8 to 7.
- TOZ-34: effective distance increased from 13 to 15 meter.
- FN FNC, FN FNC “Halloween 2016”: rate of fire increased from 650 to 700, changed recoil pattern.
- OTs-2, OTs-2 “Kiparis”: rate of fire reduced from 875 to 850, effective distance of both OTs-2 and OTs-2 “Kiparis” is now the same (15 meter), changed recoil pattern.
- Vz. 58 P, Vz. 58 P “Laboratory”: effective distance increased from 25 to 30 meter.
- Vepr, Vepr “Wanderer”: changed recoil pattern.
- Benelli M4 Super 90, Benelli M4 “NY 2018”: effective distance increased from 10 to 12 meter.
- OTs-14: slow down reduced from 13% to 10%.
- H&K MP7, H&K MP7A1, H&K MP7A1 “Legend”: changed recoil pattern.
- H&K UMP45, H&K UMP45 NY 2016: damage increased from 33 to 38, rate of fire reduced from 700 to 650.
- H&K 416A5: damage increased from 27 to 28, slow down reduced from 12% to 10%.
- MSBS Radon: slow down reduced from 13% to 10%, changed recoil pattern.
- SVD, SVD NY 2016: changed recoil pattern.
- SVD: fixed shot animation.
- Changed materials on the most weapons. This makes weapons to look better.
- Remodeled all sights.
- Sights models received lens effect.
- Fixed an issue with a slow reload on SV-98.
- Fixed textures of sights, collimators, grips, and some tactical brackers.
- TOZ-66: fixed reload sound.
- Barrett M82: shot does not deafen like before.
- AK weapons: changed reload sound.
- Fixed textures on all muzzle brakes.
- Optical sights with variable magnification have lower magnification by default.
- Fixed characters’ haircuts offset.
- Fixed an issue which caused profile menu to appear after you delivered an artifact into the container.
- Fixed an issue which caused the client to crash when using quick commands frequently.
- Fixed an issue when the trajectories of bullets fired from SVD and SOCOM 16 where not aligned with the sights.
- Fixed an issue when Film Grain option was not affecting anomalies. This option will be adjusted in the coming updates.
- Fixed an issue when it was impossible to make a dash if the “Next weapon” and “Previous weapon” bindings were not set.
- Fixed an issue when the game client settings were chaotically flickering after clicking on the “Optimal settings” button.
- Fixed an issue that caused a message about player inactivity to pop up in local matches (training with bots, shooting range).
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect hit indicators to appear in the kilcam.
- Fixed an issue when it was impossible to make a screenshot while the chat window was opened.
- Fixed an issue when all characters had the same equipment on the post match statistics screen.
- Fixed an issue with flickering capture points in the “Research” game mode.
- Fixed an issue when a message about inactivity in a match was shown even though the player was active.