Rebellion has released a new update for their first person sniper game, Sniper Elite V2. This update adds two new maps for DM and TDM, new Command Line Options, in-game Console, advanced Shadows option, as well as Super-Sampling for all those with high-end PC configurations. In addition, this patch comes with various fixes and Dedicated Server improvements. As always, the update will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client and you can view its changelog below. Have fun!
Sniper Elite V2 Update 1.04 Changelog:
– 2 new Multiplayer maps available for DM and TDM:
– Command Line Options added to fix/diagnose/workaround various issues customers are having:
* “-nosound” – disables all sound.
* “-novid” – disables all movie playback.
* “-60hz” – should now clamp to 60Hz in all cases.
* “-RV6xx” – for older ATI chipsets (for example, Radeon HD 3650) as a workaround for a driver crash in some areas (such as Facility – level 3).
– New server option: Headshot Only (AKA: Power 10)
– New server option: Sudden Death
– New server option: Team Autobalancing
– Voice-comms mute via the console (“Voice.Mute” and “Voice.UnMute” with a substring of player name).
– Console available on Ctrl-Tab as well as the grave key for non-US-English keyboard configurations.
– In-game “swap team” button for balancing.
– Players remaining on the loading screen, or not respawning, for more than 3 minutes after game has started will now be kicked.
– Spawn-point evaluation changed to try to prevent spawning behind the enemy in Multiplayer.
– Coop Lobby chat in place.
– Added Compute Shader versions of HDR Bloom and Depth of Field effects for DX11 hardware.
– Added Supersampling option for top-end graphics cards. Choose between Off (default), 2.25x and 4.0x supersampling. This can be used in conjunction with existing Anti-Aliasing options.
– Added Advanced Shadows option – this enables contact hardening shadows on DX11 hardware.
– Fixed issue with black square occasionally displayed when destroying explosives.
– Tweaks to the following maps:
* Opernplatz (Multiplayer only)
* Kreuzberg (Multiplayer only)
– Various voting improvements in Multiplayer.
– Partial fix to fix grenade throwing during periods of high-latency in Multiplayer.
– Fixes to tagging when joining a Multiplayer game-in-progress.
– Panzerfaust kills now counted against the career stats.
– Partial fix to solve people seeing different servers when refreshing the server-list.
– Partial fix to prevent graphic card overheating while game is minimised.
– Successfully completed Overwatch missions can now be retried.
– Various server browser fixes:
* Longer search times
* More search results allowed
* Fixed flickering text while scrolling with the mousewheel
Dedicated Server improvements:
* Invites to dedicated servers fixed.
* There is a new console command “Server.Say” which can be used to send text chat from the dedicated server.
* Dedicated server logs more game information.
* The console command reference has been updated.
* The example server config file has been updated.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."