Madmind has released the second big patch for its survival horror first-person game, Agony. According to the release notes, this patch fixes numerous collision problems, polishes lighting, removes some puzzles in order to make the progression more fluid and fixes some background animation glitches.
Furthermore, this patch reduces the number of enemies in Mind Maze, The Pit, Fractal Forest, and Mushroom Mind, changes the difficulty of a few puzzles that caused confusion, adds new Martyrs in key places so that the player doesn’t need to backtrack too much and fixes a few streaming problems that could cause the player to get out of the play area.
As always, Steam will auto-download this patch the next time you launch its client, and you can find its complete changelog below.
Agony Patch #2 Release Notes
- Fixed a significant number of collision problems with the floors
- Fixed collision problems that might force the player to get stuck in many places
- Reduced the number of enemies in Mind Maze, The Pit, Fractal Forest, and Mushroom Mind
- Added new Martyrs in key places so that the player doesn’t need to backtrack too much
- Some puzzles got removed so the progression should be more fluid
- Changed difficulty of a few puzzles that caused confusion
- Changed the way of obtaining the 3rd level of soul skill which also caused confusion
- Fixed a few streaming problems that could cause the player to get out of the play area
- Part of the 4th chapter environment got changed to make the progression easier and more fluid
- Changed enemy patrol routes in some places
- Added additional effects to “teleports” and some other events
- Fixed a few issues with secret chambers
- Fixed issues with golden statuette placement
- Fixed many issues with the fire damage
- Fixed some background animation glitches
- Fixed scripting issues that could force a player to get stuck
- Fixed a problem with exploding bodies that caused a big FPS loss
- Polished lighting.