Arkane has released a new beta patch for the PC version of PREY. According to the release notes, this patch adds a FOV slider in the advanced options menu and comes with further fixes to prevent save games from becoming corrupted.
Moreover, this patch fixes various problems making changes in the settings, makes end game credits skippable, and comes with fixes for stamina not recovering, for being unable to repair items and for humans incorrectly turning hostile.
In order to download this beta patch, you’ll have to follow this guide:
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Prey in your Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select public-beta-patch.
- Select OK.
- Wait for the game to update.
- When done, Prey[public-beta-patch] should appear in our Library.
If it still appears only as “Prey” in your Library, repeat the above steps.
And here are the full release notes for PREY’s patch 1.03:
- ?Further fixes to prevent save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted save games to uncorrupted state.
- Items should no longer be incorrectly deleted from inventory or world when changing levels.
- Fix for stamina not recovering.
- Fix for being unable to repair items.
- Player should no longer spawn out of level.
- Fabricated weapons are now empty.
- Fix for humans incorrectly turning hostile. Hostile humans in lobby will be returned to friendly.
- End game credits now always skippable.
- Aaron Ingram no longer cowers if spooked by a typhon.
- Fix for various problems making changes in the settings.
- FOV slider is available in the advanced options menu.