Team Future has released the second episode of its single-player story-driven mod for Doom 3, Phobos. According to the team, this second episode features 6 levels of varying sizes and way more combat than the first.
In case you weren’t aware, Phobos is inspired by old-school shooters like Half-Life and Dark Forces/Jedi Knight. This mod puts a lot of emphasis on exploration, progression and environmental puzzles.
In order to give players a glimpse, the team has also released the following gameplay video. This video will give you an idea of what you can expect from this mod.
You can download Phobos Episode 2 from here. Here are also the changes that Episode 2 brings to the table.
- Added Episode 2
- Door console in E1M1 no longer crashes the game to menu
- Updated all computer voice feedback with better effect
- Adjusted a lot of ambient and local ingame sound volumes in Episode 1
- Added autosave to E1M1_2
- Added autosave to E1M2
- Save game code has changed, which means all save games from version 1.0 no longer works in version 2.0
- You can now overwrite savegames
- Healthstation gui and sounds updated
- Bloom options now persist
- Replaced Samantha Miles in E1M1 and E1M1_1 with new model
- Replaced Samantha Miles portrait
- Re-enabled head bobbing
- Crawling in vents now plays footstep sounds even when you are crouched
- Replaced the first person view gloves with new and improved version
- Replaced the basketball with a new and improved model
- Also replaced the FCE shotgun with new and improved model
- Raised armor protection values
- Decreased shotgun ammo cap, increased pistol ammo cap, decreased rocket ammo cap