Perfect World Entertainment and Gunfire Games have announced Remnant: From the Ashes launches on August 20th. Developed by Gunfire Games, Remnant: From the Ashes is a third-person survival-action shooter set across four distinct worlds filled with dangerous inhabitants.
According to the press release, the game challenges up to three players to test their limits in intense combat against over 100 deadly monsters and over 20 epic bosses across dynamically-generated levels that offer endless worlds to explore. To increase their chances of survival, players will build a wicked arsenal to wield and upgrade through a flexible gear-centric progression system.
David Adams, Co-Founder of Gunfire Games, said:
“Remnant: From the Ashes is one of the studio’s most ambitious projects; it challenges how we traditionally play with design, to create the game’s signature dynamically-generated environments. The result: worlds we know will thrill players with intense gunplay, endless replayability and vast secrets for them to uncover.”
Yoon Im, Senior Vice President of Global Publishing at Perfect World Entertainment, added:
“Gunfire’s vision for a survival-action shooter, with exciting moment-to-moment gameplay, was one we knew we had to help bring to life. Remnant: From the Ashes will deliver a fresh experience for fans of challenging combat scenarios and rewarding survival-action co-op gameplay. Be ready to fight, adapt and overcome!”
Here are the game’s key features:
- Intense Combat – The many foes of Remnant: From the Ashes each possess their own set of attacks and tactics. Playstyle is defined by combining powerful firearms, melee weapons and mods that imbue survivors with the tools to rise against any challenge.
- Flexible Gear-based Progression – Every journey beyond the stronghold on Earth is an opportunity to slay powerful bosses and gather valuable resources that will upgrade characters, allowing players to venture confidently into even more dangerous environments.
- Mysterious Story – The Root invasion of Earth had enormous consequences for our world and others. After years of decimating humanity, its remnants begin to strike back. A tower looming above players’ strongholds may hold the answer, but they must travel through the World Stone to unknown worlds for the answers.
- Endless Challenges Await – Randomized worlds, rewards and enemy combinations offer an endless combination of challenges with each playthrough. Utilizing knowledge gained through each death is the surest way to achieve victory.
- Epic Bosses & Enemies – Each of Remnant: From the Ashes’ four distinct worlds is filled with dozens of deadly denizens totaling over 100 unique enemy types. Surviving the hordes leads players to one of the game’s 20+ world bosses, each requiring their own tactics in order to defeat them and obtain one of their unique rewards.
- Host-based Co-op – Players can teleport beyond the World Stone solo for a greater challenge, or alongside up to two other survivors to even the odds and increase chances of survival.