Bugbear has released the promised update for Next Car Game: Wreckfest that brings a new simulator-grade physics engine with advanced tire and suspension geometry simulation, as well as the new DirectX 11 rendering engine with realistic physically based materials and lighting. This patch will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can view its key features below.
Next Car Game: Wreckfest – New Update Key Features:
- New simulator-grade physics engine with advanced tire and suspension geometry simulation.
- New DirectX 11 rendering engine with realistic physically based materials and lighting.
- 64-bit operating system support for optimal performance on modern computer systems.
- Hardware MSAA anti-aliasing with advanced foliage transparency antialiasing.
- Dedicated server for optimized multiplayer performance with command-line and remote configuration features.
- Steam leaderboards and player statistics for tracking and comparing performance with other players.
- Support for changing the track and the car in lobby as well as adding bots to multiplayer events.
- New game modes Team Race and Elimination Race, guaranteed to provide explosive racing action for 2-4 teams.
- One new track and another one completely overhauled.
- Two new cars, an American and a European one.
A lot of users report various issues with this latest update. Be sure to visit the game’s official forum and Steam Community as it appears that Bugbear, NVIDIA and AMD will have to work in order to further optimize this new engine.