Borg117 has released a brand new patch for the best free Mortal Kombat Mugen game to date, Mortal Kombat Project: Season 2 Final. Patch 5 adds a story mode to the game by implementing a game intro similar to Mortal Kombat 3 and Mortal Kombat Trilogy, but updated to post-MKT canon, also with new graphics for MKT text boxes.
Furthermore, this patch introduces character intros (before the arcade mode and on the menu screen delay), updates the character endings with more graphics, and updates the game credits with new look and code.
This patch also comes with some gameplay tweaks and fixes. For instance, AI reaction to jump punch/kick rate has been dropped a bit, AI rate at performing HaraKiri has also been lowered, the boss corner stumble has been fixed and you won’t face yourself in the arcade mode when you play as bosses or sub-bosses (except of Shao Kahn).
Needless to say that we highly recommend downloading this free MK Mugen game. Borg117 has done an incredible job and this is by far one of the best 2K Mortal Kombat games to date (yes, even though it’s not from NetherRealm and despite the fact that it is using the MUGEN Engine).
Those interested can download this latest version of MKP: Season 2 Final from here, and below you can find the complete changelog for it.
Mortal Kombat Project: Season 2 Final Patch 5 Release Notes
- Game intro similar to MK3 and MKT, but updated to post-MKT canon, also with new graphics for MKT text boxes
- Game credits updated with new look and code
- Characters have intros – before the arcade mode and on the menu screen delay (a.k.a. attract mode)
- Character endings updated with more graphics
- When you play as bosses or sub-bosses (except kahn), you won’t face yourself in the arcade mode
- AI reaction to jump punch/kick rate dropped a bit
- AI rate at performing HaraKiri also lowered
- Boss corner stumble fixed
- Johnny Cage MKT palettes updated thanks to SpoR
- Other small fixes