Borg117 has released the final version of his amazing MK Mugen game, Mortal Kombat Project 4.1 Season 2. Alongside some gameplay tweaks and enhancements like more balanced Boss reactions and speed and better collisions, in this final version the transition between the floors was slightly changed (the camera moves more smoothly).
Moreover, Mortal Kombat Project 4.1 Season 2 Final features new arenas, a new character, new stances and victorious poses for ninjas and cyborgs, improved blood graphics for all characters, new livebars the are now in HiRes, the ability to perform fatalities on Shao Kahn, and an animated Dan Forden.
Those interested can download Mortal Kombat Project 4.1 Season 2 Final from here, and below you can find its complete changelog. We’ve also included below a video showing some fatalities.
Kudos to our reader “Ed” for informing us!
Mortal Kombat Project 4.1 Season 2 Final Release Notes
- The masked reptilian mask released by the author Eddie Mattos back in the days of version 2.5, was finally ported to the new version. Not only are sprites replaced, but the rest is tweaked so that it looks normal when playing (mainly, the position of the sprites in the finishes). Also, the classic reptile is still available – it’s enough just to write it as Reptile in select.def
- The transition between the floors was slightly changed – the camera moves more smoothly
- Jax and Nightwulf have the opportunity to repaint some elements of guise – iron hands and drawings on the face, respectively
- The combo is now not interrupted at the end of the round
- Brutaliti and hara-kiri can now be done with a single button, like other finishing moves before that
- Shao Kana can be finished! Including the passage of the tower complexity, but if you do not do it there – it will still explode
- Dan Forden is now animated, “Toasty !!”
- The ability for the character to generate the blood of his own color is added – an example in the reflected projections of Kitana or Kung Lao
- Muvlist is now called from the pause screen
- New livebars based on graphics, released even in the days of the so-called version of V6, now in HiRes
- New character from Lows90 and samsk8
- New arenas, including from SpoR and Anthony Nova
- New arrests in arenas, for example Sky Temple and Waterfront
- Also added the ability to repaint in any color the sprite of the earth in a fatality on Pit-II, without editing the sprites themselves
- Now you can “relapse” as in the arcade (this is when you can jump after catching and catch the enemy with your hand near the ground). In exchange for cheating tactics breaker for its interruption is not removed
- If you fall into the trap of Kuang Chi, some tricks stop working (for example, all teleports)
- A new reaction to some finishing moves – a headless fall
- boss reaction to some attacks changed
- All characters have improved blood graphics, and added colors for it in all palettes
- New stances and victorious poses for ninjas and cyborgs
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”