QLOC has released the fourth patch for the PC version of Mortal Kombat 11. This patch finally removes the 30fps lock from the menus, Intros/Victories, Krushing Blows, Fatal Blows and Fatalities, as well as The Krypt, making the game feel really smooth without any hiccups.
Moreover, this patch introduces an option to turn on/off reflections, addresses some crash issues, brings various localization updates, sports minor fixes for mouse and controller inputs, and fixes Frost’s Whirring Drill graphical glitch when TAA is disabled.
This is a patch that most PC gamers will appreciate as they will no longer need to have the 60fps mod that was created in order to, unofficially, unlock the framerate. The game shouldn’t have that 30fps lock on the PC in the first place, and I’m really wondering whether QLOC would had released this patch if it wasn’t for that mod.
But anyway, as always Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client, and you can find its complete changelog below.
Mortal Kombat 11 PC Patch 4 Release Notes
- 60 FPS mode – In PC Features, we have introduced the option to turn on 60 FPS in Menus and during Cinematics (Intros/Victories, Krushing Blows, Fatal Blows, etc) and in Krypt separately. We have set this default to ON for Menus however you have to switch the option to ON for the Krypt, as is only recommended on high end configurations.
- Missing reflections – We have introduced the option to turn on/off reflections.
- Crash fixes for users who have crash on launch issues. We are working on other similar issues, so we will keep updating the game with fixes for users who report their crashes to us.
– issues caused by outdated Radeon drivers should no longer occur
– game crashing on launch/during gameplay cause by drivers for unusual controllers, should no longer occur
– game not launching, issue cause by a fault library file, should no longer occur
- Players frequent disconnects –adjustment that should resolve the issue of frequent disconnects for some users
- Fix to Frost Whirring Drill graphical glitch when TAA is disabled
- Localization updates
- Minor fixes for mouse and controller inputs