Capcom has announced that the PC version of Monster Hunter World will receive an official high resolution texture pack. According to the Japanese company, this pack will require at least 40GB of free space and 8GB of graphic memory (VRAM).
In order to showcase some of the visual improvements, Capcom released a comparison screenshot that you can find below.
Furthermore, Capcom will add support for TAA+FXAA and will add a new mouse control type that is less sensitive to unintentional movement when controlling the Focus Camera with the mouse.
All these changes, and more, will be coming to Monster Hunter World on April 4th, and below you can find the complete changelog of this upcoming patch.
Monster Hunter World April 4th Patch Release Notes
Major New Features/Design Changes:
- Added support for High Resolution Texture Pack DLC.
You can change to high resolution in-game textures by downloading this pack as free DLC from the Steam store. Note: The High Resolution Texture Pack requires at least 40GB of free space and 8GB of graphic memory (VRAM). We will provide more detailed information on the system requirements after the update.
- Added a “TAA+FXAA” option to Anti-Aliasing in the Advanced Graphics Settings.
- When selecting “Take All” at the rewards screen after completing a quest, a list of all items received will now be displayed.
- Added a new mouse control type that is less sensitive to unintentional movement when controlling the Focus Camera with the mouse.
- Added a “Friends Can Join” option to the Private Session Settings.
- Various bug fixes, including localization-related issues.