Microsoft has released the fifth update for Microsoft Flight Simulator. According to the release notes, this new update brings some tweaks and enhancements to a number of planes. It also brings enhancements to UI, Weather, and to the game’s engine.
Going into more details, Update #5 adds motion blur to the game. It also adds new temporal anti-aliasing (TAA), and fixes the temporal upsampling (when TAA is active with the render scale below 100%). Furthermore, it improves night lighting and adds water night reflections.
This latest update fixes several installation issues that were affecting edge cases. Not only that, but it fixes input values when using deadzones. Additionally, it improves performance in plane selection menu and marketplace.
As always, Steam and Windows Store will download this update the next time you launch their clients. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Patch #5 Release Notes
- Improved sensitivity and twitchiness of control surfaces for the Daher TBM 930, Cessna 152, Cessna 152 Aerobat, Cessna 172 classic and Cessna 172 G1000
- Improved autopilot behavior for pitch management, altitude capture and stability for Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX, Cessna Citation Longitude, Boeing 747-8 Intercontinental and Daher TBM 930
- Fixed Zlin Shock Ultra caution amber light which was always on
- Fixed Cirrus SR22 windshield deicing not working
- Also fixed Cessna 152 flood light always ON during tutorials
- Fixed aircraft avionics screens going blank in certain conditions
- Fixed Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner APU fault light behavior
- Unlocking longitudinal position of elevator to allow for “Canard” airplanes
- Automatically skips “Press any key to start” screen at launch
- Option added to the Misc menu to switch between Metric and US standard units
- Improved performances in plane selection menu and marketplace
- The TrackIR can be enabled/disabled in the camera panel during flight
- Cockpit tooltips can now be deactivated in the Accessibility options menu
- Fixed Metar data refresh issue
- Solved several installation issues that were affecting edge cases
- We now display the download speed and amount of packages that are being downloaded
- Support for Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition
- Ability to move the origin of the sensitivity curve and change the sensitivity value on both side of the origin
- Fix input values when using deadzones
- All Landing challenge scores should now be properly tracked in the leaderboards
- Quality of life updates for the marketplace
- Added Motion blur
- Added New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA)
- The temporal upsampling has been fixed (when TAA is active with the render scale below 100%)
- Improved Night lighting
- Added Water night reflections
- Fixed Huge hole in Brazil