Piranha Games announced that MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will feature cross-platform play for the first time in franchise history. Players can look forward to joining forces with fellow MechWarriors for co-op on Xbox Series X|S and PC via Steam and GOG.com on May 27th.
A free, major update will be available on May 27th including over 30 new and enhanced features. Additionally, players will be able to join a friend to experience the entirety of the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC Career Mode campaign.
Russ Bullock, President and Executive Producer at Piranha Games, said:
“The MechWarrior community feedback has been vital for the 30+ quality-of-life updates and new content at launch. We’ve strived to meet fan expectations for what a MechWarrior experience is with this release. We’ve included a new co-op cross-platform experience, base game price drop, and DLC content with the ability to join a friend for free. We look forward to hearing from them on May 27.”
Here are the key features of this upcoming update.
- Cross-platform play. Fight alongside your friends with four-player PvE co-op support on PC (Steam, GOG, Epic) and Xbox
- DLC sharing. Play co-op games with players that own the DLC to experience the content
- Extreme conditions
- Loads of gameplay changes. Including Infantry present throughout game, full 360 LOD radar (with BAP available with DLC), more extreme conditions and effects, enhanced AI, enhanced salvage crates, AND SO MUCH MORE
- Campaign changes. New story beginning and optional tutorial
- UI changes. Ability to track encounters and where to hunt desired ‘Mechs, instant action loading previously selected mechs and pilots, modding updates, amongst others