IO Interactive has released a new patch for HITMAN. According to the release notes, this patch adds a reconnect option, immediate challenge awards, improves loading times, packs general improvements to stability, and features a number of PC-specific tweaks and fixes. This update will be auto-downloaded, and you can read its complete changelog below.
HITMAN – April 21st Update Changelog:
- Reconnect Option – If a player is playing in online mode and gets disconnected during gameplay, they will have the option to immediately reconnect and resume play without losing any progress, instead of returning to the main menu. [Available now on PC. Available in a future update for PS4 & Xbox One.]
- Immediate Challenge Awards – Challenges are now awarded and saved immediately upon completion, rather than when completing a mission. [Available now on PC. Available in a future update for PS4 & Xbox One.]
- Loading Times – Significant improvements to load and restart times across all locations.(Reduced by approximately 50% on PS4 and Xbox One)
- Challenge Verbosity Settings – Players can now choose between three options for how challenge descriptions are displayed in the game menu.
Full: All Challenge information is shown.
Minimal: Only the image and name of the Challenge are shown
Off: Only the image of the Challenge is shown.
- Weapon HUD Settings – Added three options for displaying the holstered/equipped weapon icon.
Full: Show weapon HUD for equipped and holstered weapon.
Minimal: Show weapon HUD only for equipped weapon.
Off: Don’t show weapon HUD.
- Immediate Intel – Added an option for players to access the intel menu immediately after finding new intel.
- Dropped Items – Disguises, weapons and items that are dropped are now shown on the in-game map.
- Holstering animation – Added an animation for 47 holstering a small item, such as a pistol.
- Escalation Contracts Improvements
– The list of complications and objectives are now viewable during gameplay and the planning phase.
– Players can now easily see from the in-game menu how many stages of each Escalation Contract they have completed. (e.g 3/5)
- General improvements to stability
PC Specific Notes
- Recommended Settings – The Game Launcher will recommend graphic settings based on player hardware.
- Windowed Mode – The Game Launcher now allows players to change their resolution in Windowed Mode. (Useful for streamers)
- Audio Levels – Audio levels during cutscenes and briefing videos now match the in-game audio.
- Key Bindings – Fixed minor issues with inconsistent key bindings