Defiant Development has announced that its new title that blends RPG and rogue-like features with elements of board and collectible card games is now available. Hand of Fate is priced at $19.99 and in order to celebrate this announcement, Defiant Development released the game’s launch trailer.
Set in a cabin on the edge of the world, Hand of Fate thrusts players into a game of life and death with a dealer intent on their demise.
“Gamers start by building a deck of equipment, enemies, encounters, loot and surprises – then play it. Some cards present players with game-changing choices, reminiscent of a tabletop RPG. Other cards require gamers to fight for their lives against terrifying mythical creatures. When this occurs the title switches to third-person perspective and has an action-adventure combat system.”
Morgan Jaffit, director at Defiant Development, said:
“Hand of Fate builds upon the lessons we learned developing other popular games and pushes the envelope by applying table top and collectible card game elements. We combined a captivating fantasy environment with furious-fast paced combat and engrossing story-telling to create an experience that will keep gamers busy for months to come.”
Here are the game’s features:
·Breathtaking fantasy world where human inhabitants struggle for survival
· 465 cards – each one a different decision, battle, piece of equipment, enemy or boss battle
· More than 1000 lines of dialogue – never hear the same sentence twice in one play session
· 13 epic boss battles and 24 kinds of enemies
· More than 100 game changing items including: 25 weapons and 13 sets of armor
· Two game modes:
– Story – Defeat the dealer and his treacherous minions
– Endless – Cycle through a never ending deck of cards and compete worldwide for the top spot on the leaderboard