Covenant, a new Polish game development studio founded by former CD PROJEKT RED and 11-bit studios producer Stan Just, announced its first game, Gord. Gord is a single-player, adventure strategy game set in a grim fantasy world inspired by Slavic folklore.
The game promises to feature unique survival, quest, and city-builder elements to keep players on their toes. Moreover, it will feature procedurally generated scenarios.
In order to celebrate this announcement, the team released the game’s debut trailer that you can find below.
Gord will be available on PC and is launching in 2022. Here are also its key features.
Gord Key Features
- Adventure strategy in a dark fantasy setting. Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn as they venture deep into forbidden lands. Additionally, ensure the survival of your populace in a grim fantasy world inspired by Slavic folklore.
- A unique city-builder with survival elements. Grow your gord from a humble settlement to a formidable fortress while your population is constantly at risk from enemy tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk in the surrounding woods.
- AI-driven quest system to ensure lots of variety. Side quests and random encounters will send you off into the wilderness to hunt down legendary creatures, uncover secrets about the Ancients, or vanquish a nasty scourge.
- Custom scenarios with procedural level generation. Choose from a variety of primary objectives, select the level size, the intensity of raids, the environment you’ll play in, the types of enemies you’ll face, starting resources, and even the severity of the weather.
- Impactful Sanity and Burden systems. Every aspect of your settlers’ lives – from illness and hunger to the death of their kin – can impact your villagers’ psychological state.
- Unleash powerful Incantations. Spells vary in nature – some are offensive while others are defensive – but they all help to tip the battlefield in your favor.
- Uncover the world’s mysteries in The Chronicle. Pages torn from The Chronicle will be scattered throughout the game’s landscapes. These will give dedicated players an additional challenge of discovering lore that explains the Gord universe.