Microsoft and The Coalition have released a new major update for Gears 5, Operation 4: Brothers in Arms. This update brings the largest one-time drop of characters since launch and completes the original Delta Squad with Dom Santiago. Moreover, the update streamlines progression and rewards and introduces a new ranking system.
Going into more details, Operation 4: Brothers In Arms Update adds 8 shots back to the Gnasher in Campaign, PvE and PvP. It also adds Flashbangs as a loadout weapon. Not only that, but it adjusts enemy footsteps to be more audible within the mix off all audio sources.
This latest patch also fixes numerous bugs and issues. For instance, it fixes an issue when the player experiences numerous corrections when cover sliding after a mantle/vault. It also fixes the issue where players lose bullet magnetism for a brief period after cancelling a cover slide.
Microsoft Store will download this latest update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Gears 5 Operation 4: Brothers In Arms Patch Notes
- Replaced ranked system.
- Added new store with earnable currency.
- Major PvE update.
- Updated Gears Allies to be a more rewarding process. Added 5 new levels on top to give an additional +5% XP boost (+15% is the new max in the system).
- Added 8 shots back to the Gnasher in Campaign, PvE and PvP
- Flashbangs no longer produce a full screen flash effect, and the radius of the stun has been reduced from 400 > 300.
- Added Flashbangs as a loadout weapon
- Fixed an issue with Gnasher where using ADS while swapping causes shot to fire slightly faster
- Fixed the issue where users didn’t receive bullet magnetism while ADS if they pre-aimed a location
- Also fixed the issue where players lose bullet magnetism for a brief period after cancelling a cover slide
- Increased the post fire melee delay from 0.25s to 0.4s
- Fixed an issue where players would fail a revive after performing the animation
- Adjusted enemy footsteps to be more audible within the mix off all audio sources
- Fixed an issue with Disarmed Execution where:
- The cloth on Swarm Hunter’s deforms and moves rapidly;
- Swarm Sniper with the winter skin will fly off screen when being executed
- Various character’s clothes become rigid when they have the execution performed on them
- Fixed an issue when the player experiences numerous corrections when cover sliding after a mantle/vault
- Fixed the issue where bots become stuck until they’re engaged.
- Also fixed the issue where ‘Beginner’ bots are using jump links on Vasgar.
- Fixed the issue where players are able to roll in cover while holding the button to roadie run
- Fixed an issue where players cannot roadie run on cover after initiating a reload
- Also fixed the issue where AI does not understand execution rules and continues to lancer DBNO targets
- Fixed the issue where users are able to fire shots before the step-up animation has finished
- Fixed the issue where sometimes point blank Gnasher shots are being rejected
- Also fixed an exploit in Horde where trading weapons to other users while Hijacked will keep the enemy tuning for the weapon
- Fixed the issue where a user can be put into an executable state even if they kill the enemy before being kicked
- Fixed an exploit where players can get aim assist when using keyboard and mouse by rebinding some keys to controller inputs using 3rd party software
- Also fixed the issue where Escape mission fails if the only living player finishes the experience while using a turret
- Fixed the issue in Quickplay Gridiron where users were loaded into a match with all bots during match transition despite having a full lobby.
- Fixed an issue in Guardian so bots are no longer able to become the leader even though actual users are in the match
- Also fixed an exploit in Escape where players that joined in progress had a fully-charged ultimate after being rescued.
- Fixed an issue in Escalation where upgrading an incendiary to a frag causes it to lose its halved time upgrade
- Fixed the issue so Bots can no longer get MVP
- Also fixed the issue in Gridiron where dying last in a round caused the characters camera to fall through the map
- Fixed the issue where the Swarm Reject’s Self-Destruction doesn’t credit players for the weapon used to instigate the Self-Destruction
- Fixed an issue in Arcade where Lizzies/Kantus’ arcade ability “Hot Footed” is causing the player to see themselves jitter while roadie running
- Also fixed an issue where game settings do not show up properly when viewing the lobby list for LAN Versus
- Fixed the issue where players are unable to pick swarm characters if host changes game mode to free for all
- Updated Anthony Carmine’s helmet to match the Gears Ultimate Edition version
- Updated the Terminator model (Rev-9 and T-800) to increase visibility (brightness and size)
- Private Vermello – Character is firing kill Guds while marking DB Sentinels
- Queen Myrrah – GUDS – One of her dialogue has a special character appearing in the subtitles
- Fixed the issue in Horde when using Jack’s Hijack ultimate on a Sire, it does not play any team swamp animation
- Fixed the issue where the Matriarch doesn’t attack Jack if he’s holding the fabricator in Horde
- Also fixed the issue in where Lizzie can use the Silverback to get on top of any Low cover and out of some maps
- Fixed the issue when Lizzie is using the Silverback Ultimate – the mulcher takes significantly longer to overheat when the silverback has the bleeding mulcher and healing Tri-shot equipped
- Fixed an issue with Biker Gary where his shirt clips with pants when DBNO
- Also fixed an issue with Biker Gary where the back of vest clips with shirt when holding a meat shield
- Update Thrashball Cole to remove the visible gore mesh seam on face
- Update the Outsider Gary model so the UI head icon design matched the model
MAPS AND TILES
- Fixed the issue where Barriers can be placed on slopes in an inconsistent manner
- In some map configurations, a fortification can be placed over drop down area so it looks like one stand is floating.
The Barracks Escape Hive:
- Fixed an issue where Grenades are able to pass throught the tiny gaps in the large shutters.
- Fixed an issue where a player’s head can clip with metal dressing on large pipe near the center stairs.
- Also fixed an issue where a player’s camera can clip into cardboard box and metal assets, on table cover.
- Fixed an issue where a player’s camera can clip into tarp asset.
- Fixed a UI issue in Horde where the Hologram range of effect is barely visible indoors
- The bridge interaction callout is still visible during the match countdown; UI is deactivated when gameplay commences.
- Fixed the issue in Guardian where the camera movement will “dip” when user(s) mantle through windows.
- Fixed the kill am issue where the shutters fail to replicate correctly for users if the shutter state (open/closed) is different from what is viewed in the victims killcam.
- Fixed the issue where the shutters couldn’t be closed after being opened. The map has been added back into the rotation
- Fixed the fortifications issue where players are unable to place barriers correctly at a single location. The hologram is blue but the placement is always rejected.
- Fixed the fortifications issue where users could place barriers vertically onto rock meshes.
- Also fixed the issue the often occurred when a player plants grenades onto trees the handle would stick out horizontally.
- Fixed the issue where the Triton map does not encompass the trees upper geo after re-bake
- Fixed the issue where Juvies were unable to navigate the jump up/downs in the cave area.
- Also fixed the issue where there was no water splash visual effects when shooting the water baths in the Gate area.
- Fixed the issue where the player crouches briefly navigating high cover corner.
- Fixed the issue where the spectator camera is able to pass into a rock along the border of the map near the cave area.
- Also fixed the issue where the spectator camera is able to pass through: a part of a tree on the border of the map near the swarm spawn and the metal on top of the fire pits in the ruins area.
- Fixed the issue where the player camera can clip: into large tree asset, near Cave area and into the mushrooms, in Hollow Tree.
- Improved the ability to place fortifications on the map
- Fixed the issue whereuUsers will see a prompt to pick up a Markza when loading into the match if they are in the 3rd slot on the Swarm team
- Fixed an audio issue in Gridiron when playing as the server (Host on LAN) the user will not receive the capture SFX
Overload (Horde Tile map)
- Fixed the issue where the power tap on the left side of the map spawns too close to the wall
- Fixed the issues where grenades couldn’t be planted on the ice
- Fixed an issue in campaign where the cups in the Village do not produce any audio when kicked
- Fixed an issue in campaign where the flock sounds persist for several seconds after killing the enemy in the sand skiff bridge control section
- Also fixed an issue in campaign where the Hijacked Leech Control Shown is Incorrect
- Fixed an issue in campaign where if a Client joins in progress while an enemy is marked by the host, the enemy will not show as marked for the joining client if it’s the first time they’ve joined
- Fixed an issue in campaign where Fire VFX/particles from killing certain enemies with the Hammer of Dawn appear floating in midair
- Also fixed the visual issue where the knife gets stuck in the characters hand and clips though weapons
- Expressions can now be cancelled by moving so the player can then shoot immediately
- Fixed the issue in the Hopscotch executions where the characters wearing skirts, the execution may cause their skirts to vibrate at the end of the animation
- Fixed the issue in the Cold Blooded Execution where sometimes the executed character will not fall over once execution is complete
- Also fixed the issue where blood sprays do not show up during kill cam after being killed by retro charge or chainsaw,
- Fixed the issue where the AI on the user’s team will often appear jittery/teleport around the map
- Fixed the issue where a character’s secondary cloth dynamics aren’t working while being held as meat shields
- Dropshot: Fixed the issue where the audio is not being replicated between clients when firing the Dropshot
- Fixed the issue in Escape where the character does not appear in final cutscene if they are using a turret when the experience is completed
- Fixed an issue in Horde where boss health bar is not full with certain modifiers selected
- Update UI in campaign that shows incorrect input for Lancer GL for Shooter Control Scheme
- Fixed the issue where the weapon VFX is appearing on the escalation weapon/ring nodes and the flag locations for Gridiron
- Fixed an issue in spectator mode where AI/Bots can be seen spawning in facing the wrong direction.
- Also fixed an issue where the Clustluck ribbon is being awarded twice for a single frag grenade
- Fixed an issue in bootcamp where the ‘Mantle Kick’ tooltip is not being presented after selecting ‘Repeat’ instead of ‘Continue’ at the end of CCC (any scheme).
- Fixed an issue where stars eared from medals will show as blue boost stars in the post-game
- Also fixed an issue in Campaign Co-op where PC users are kicked with an Error from co-op custom campaign if previously played on SplitScreen game during the same gaming session
- Fixed the issue Guardian, Bastion and Kestrel enemies have invisible Gib chunks when killed by the Hammer of Dawn
- Fixed the issue where the Happy Gearsmas Expression has white outline around head
- Also fixed the issue where the Let’s Go expression is cut off when in left most column
- After completing any Escape for the first time, the widget did not display the % in post-match
- Fixed a localization issue where UI in pre match FFA lobby is truncated
- Also fixed a localization issue where the Snub weapon skin name is truncated in pre match lobby
- Fixed an issue where certain menus/UIs are forcing gamertags to be uppercase when it should be Lowercase
- Fixed an issue where the Scoreboard Screen header is not aligned (Ping, Kills, Assists, Revives, Damage done, Power)
- Also fixed an issue in Horde where scoreboard headers are misaligned during horde matches
- Fixed an issue with Team Circuit Markza weapon skin
- Fixed an issue where players entering Tour of Duty before a Multiplayer portion is installed they see white boxes instead of icons
- Also fixed an issue Chrome Steel Vermello – Elbow clips with card art border
- Fixed an issue where Circuit Board Jack – Omen is green on the card art
- Fixed a localization issue where the names of some characters skins such as “Grace (Terminator: Dark Fate)” text are placed out of the UI box
- Updated UI to ensure that Sarah Connor/Grace/Terminator – “Terminator Dark Fate” text is truncated during character intro
- Fixed a localization issue where difficulty modifiers are truncated
- Accessibility – Narrator – Narrator gets cut off when reading the first item after backing out of any menu. Narrator also reads the description of Versus playlists before the title
- Accessibility – Narrator – Narrator does not read position in set correctly on the Key Bindings menu
- Fixes a UI issue. The game now no longer places the round results number too high
- Fixed a UI issue in the campaign lobby where sometimes, setting up a splitscreen Campaign session causes UI messaging to appear out of order and disconnect users
- Fixed an accessibility issue where the Narrator does not read out the details in the first tab of each overview stats tab until the user scrolls off and returns
- Also fixed an accessibility issue where the Narrator doesn’t read any feature pops on the Main Menu
- Fixed a spectator issue in FFA where the overhead map highlights 1x user as blue while the other 13x are red.
- Fixed a UI issue in Versus where the ping numbers on the scoreboard are flickering
- Also fixed a UI issue in Horde when initially loading in and the screen displays the scoreboard, players are unable to open the map until gameplay begins
- Fixed a UI issue in custom Horde / Escape where the game will be left in pause menu while gameplay continues if the arbiter selects ‘Quit to Desktop’
- Fixed a UI issue in Horde. The game now properly displays the Boss and Mini-boss names above their health bar
- Also fixed a UI issue on PC Campaign. In 3 player Splitscreen, player one’s weapons UI is cut off at the bottom of the splitscreen partially obscuring the grenade section
- Fixed a UI issue where creating a custom lobby does not have 1st map in list selected by default
- Fixed a UI issue where Omen Blood sprays do not appear for killed user when killed with Lancer GL grenades
- Also fixed a UI issue where players using a mouse to purchase an item with insufficient iron, the prompt to purchase iron will disappear on [LMB] release
- Fixed a UI issue the back arrow icon from PC is displaying on Xbox
- Fixed a UI issue where players entering matchmaking are briefly shown the “Creating match” message
- Also fixed a UI issue where players can receive match result error (0x00000c46) if their client is suspended immediately upon match end
- Fixed a UI issue – Camera in customization menu will pull back significantly if game is left of customization screen for multiple hours
- Fixed a UI issue where the character models appears at a distance
- Also fixed a UI issue with Splitscreen Text Chat where opening text chat on the pause menu as a splitscreen client steals menu focus from the arbiter, potentially leaving them stuck in the pause menu
- Fixed a UI issue in Tour of Duty where the player loses the functionality to change tabs in the Medals screen when the user closes the Tour of Duty menu while in the Medals screen and reopens back into it.
- Fixed a UI issue in spectator mode in Escalation where the Red respawn dials do not accurately reflect the time it takes for the player to respawn
- Also fixed a UI issue in Escape/Horde when in the Character Setup screen the highlight prioritizes weapons instead of cards when navigating right
- Fixed an audio issue where rolling Quickplay matches sometimes have no countdown audio tick at the beginning of the match/round
- Fixed an audio issue where the Warden is missing body fall audio in Campaign and all PVE game modes
- Also fixed an audio issue in Escape where the Push-To-Talk feature has no feedback to confirm user is able to talk