During a 14-hour live stream held to celebrate the games fourth anniversary the patch 4.1 content has been revealed for Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XIV Online.
Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida hosted the 38th instalment of the ‘Letter from the Producer LIVE’ series from which showcased much of the content that will be within patch 4.1: The Legend Returns.
- New Main Scenario and Side Quests – The fan favorite Hildibrand quest series also returns.
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Titled “Return to Ivalice,” featuring guest creator Yasumi Matsuno
- New Primal Battle – Shinryu makes a triumphant comeback in a new extreme difficulty challenge
- New ‘Ultimate’ Difficulty Raid – The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate) brings a new challenge to the most hardcore thrill seekers
- Adventurer Squadron Updates – Players and squadron members may now team up and explore dungeons together
- PvP Content: “Rival Wings” – Ride goblin mechs and fight your opponents in 24 v 24 matches
- Housing Update – Sale of plots in Shirogane will begin, along with the addition of swimming areas in all housing districts.
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Drowned City of Skalla
- The Lost Canals of Uznair Update – Venture even deeper into the submerged chambers for greater rewards and challenges.
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Kojin
- And much more
What was also discussed throughout the live stream was “Return to Ivalice” the upcoming 24-player alliance raid. Yasumi Matsuno joined Yoshida to discuss this event and provided teaser art to fans as a “glimpse” of “Return to Ivalice” landscape.
Source: Square Enix