Black Forest Games has announced that Fade to Silence will leave Early Access on the PC on April 30th. Fade to Silence is a survival game in which players take the role of Ash, a natural but tormented leader. In that role players explore a post-apocalyptic, frozen wasteland to gather the resources necessary to establish a refuge for survival.
Here are the key features of the new content that was added to Fade to Silence.
- Implemented final story line, telling the story of Ash, his daughter Alice and the apocalypse
- Implemented dream sequences when main character (Ash) is resting
- Completely overhauled tutorial phase in the beginning of the game. Optimized on-boarding of first-time players.
- Added the survival handbook where players can look-up game and survival mechanics
- Added dream gallery where players can watch the unlocked dream sequences in chronological order.
Fade to Silence promises to introduce the many dynamics of a harsh winter climate to a complex, character-driven, group survival experience. The dynamic weather system adds to the immersion of survival in a cold, corrupted world. Survival depends on how well the players read weather patterns, and if they come to the right conclusion – look for shelter or press home. The dynamic snow displacement leaves a realistic path by both player character and NPC. This telltale sign will tell you regions where it is good to hunt and regions where monsters are roaming.