Last week, we informed you about an Orchestral music mod for Dragon Quest XI that was under development. And today, we are happy to report that this mod has been released and is available for download.
The Dragon Quest XI Orchestral Overhaul mod is more than 7GB in size and replaces the midi OST with the official Orchestral music that were composed by Koichi Sugiyama and performed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra. The good news here is that these music files cannot be played outside of the game and thus only work when used with it.
Needless to say that this mod is a must-have for all Dragon Quest XI fans. Or at least you should give it a go in order to see whether you prefer the game’s orchestral music over its midi soundtrack. As I’ve already said, I kind of like the midi OST, however I’ll definitely at least test this orchestral overhaul mod.
Those interested can download the mod from here, and below you can find some installation instructions.
- After downloading and extracting all three 7z files (which can be done using 7zip or WinRAR, we recommend 7zip for compatibility reasons), move the extracted contents somewhere that is readily and easily available on your computer.
- These files CANNOT be played outside of the game and thus only work when used with the game.
- Next, locate the folder with the game which is easy to locate through Steam, simply right click on the game in your Steam Library, select Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files and the game’s folder will open.
- Now, simply go to the files you extracted earlier and you should have three folders – “Injector”, “Music” and “FMV”.
- Drag and drop the CONTENTS of each of those folders into the main install directory, and overwrite EVERYTHING when asked.
If you want the best experience possible with this mod, it is recommend that you ensure you overwrite all files when asked if you’d like to.
- Finally, go forth and enjoy the game as no further steps are required!