Unfold Games has announced its new psychological horror game about lucid dreaming, DARQ. The team has just started IndieGoGo and Steam Greenlight campaigns, and has released a new trailer to showcase its title (that can be viewed below).
DARQ tells the story of Lloyd, a boy trapped in a lucid nightmare. While exploring the darkest corners of his subconscious, Lloyd learns how to survive by bending the laws of physics and manipulating the fluid fabric of the dream world.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Unique artstyle combining 2d and 3d graphics.
- Shining-like pacing
- Music written by Hollywood film composer Wlad Marhulets.
- Puzzles that involve bending the laws of physics
- Emphasis on sound – some parts of the game involve navigating the environment in complete darkness
- Randomly generated elements of the gameplay. No walkthrough is the same.
- Multiple endings, depending on the choices you make throughout your journey.