Modder ‘BehemothProgrammer’ has released a co-op mod for the remastered version of Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. Furthermore, this mod contains tons of fixes to the remaster and lots of additions that – according to its author – aim to keep the experience new and challenging for even the seasoned players.
The latest version of this co-op mod that is currently available, version 0.8.11 adds difficulty settings for maps: Marsh 3-8, Blind Lair 1-9, displays correctly the number of found secrets for clients in the progress menu. disabled AI Head tracking, adds a melee attack for the Araissi Soldier and more.
Those interested can download the mod from here. Below you can find instructions on how you can install the mod, some important notes and its known issues.
How To Start
- Create a folder named “mods” in your Turok 2 – Seeds of Evil directory and place the BP_COOP.kpf file into the “mods” folder.
- Start the game and select “* Play Co-Op Game *” from the main menu
- Create a new Lobby.
- Set the Game Mode to “Raptor Fest”
- Set the Time Limit to “No Limit”
- Set the Frag Limit to “No Limit”
- Start the Game!
- Only change the map AFTER you see the message “Go To: ” not before. If you cheat and warp wherever you want then you will not be in the correct location in the map. And read the map name carefully and warp to the right map. Blind Lair, Hive, and Lightship are all non linear unlike the first 3 levels.
- Open the console (with the ~ key) and type “call help” (no quotes) for a list of all console commands.
- Type “call dif0” to 3 to change the difficulty in the console (0 = Easy, 1 = Normal, 2 = Hard, 3 = Hardcore)
- After reaching a map exit, a message will be displayed “Go to: “. As the host, when you see that change the map to that map and you will be placed at the correct location within that map. I’m currently waiting for devs to expose a change map function to script for MP in order to get this working automatically. Until then whoever the host is must manually change the map to the next one.
- The RidingGun in River of Souls 1 doesn’t sync correctly with clients so there will be issues. I left them in the map regardless.
And here are the release notes for version 0.8.11.
- Difficulty settings for maps: Marsh 3-8, Blind Lair 1-9
- The number of found secrets is now displayed correctly for clients in the progress menu
- Disabled AI Head tracking because it was mostly wrong and looked really bad when it was on
- After completing a Totem map all enemies will be killed
- In Port 1, added sectors for door in room where you can push the box. Added an important flag to the pushable box that gets removed when first pushed.
- Added a melee attack for the Araissi Soldier that’s the same as his weapon attack.
- Fixed a problem with weapon and flashlight pickups not doing a SignalOn when all players picked up the item.
- custom ui will now also close when you press any movement direction