Treyarch has just released a new update for the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops III. According to its release notes, this update adds additional anti-cheat support, daily challenges and an offline mode for Zombies, and brings various balance tweaks/adjustments.
This update will be auto-downloaded from Steam, and you can view a portion of the game’s changelog as it is really, really, really huge. For the full list of fixes and changes you can visit these three links (Part #1, Part #2, Part #3).
Call of Duty: Black Ops III – February 9th Update Changelog:
- Added ability to launch into Safe Mode after improper exit
- Addressed an issue allowing Players to infinitely vote for the previous map.
- FreeRun, Nightmares & Dead Ops Arcade 2 are now accessible from the Bonus Menu on the Main Screen.
- Balance pass to improve XP earn rate consistency across game modes.
- Resolved issue where Specialist’s showcase weapons showed both base attachment models and Player selected attachment models.
- Resolved issue where Players were unable to freely scroll through taunts in the Taunts menu if a new taunt was recently acquired.
- Added missing rotation prompt icon in Gunsmith “Custom Variant” and Gunsmith “Snapshot.”
- Addressed issue where Leaderboards were not properly being reset after a Player used a Prestige Token.
- Resolved issue where the Create-a-Class would not update immediately after the purchase of the Extra Slot Pack.
- Added additional anti-cheat support.
- Added Colorblind Mode to Options menu that supports different types of Color Blindness (Deuteranopia, Protanopia, Tritanopia).
- Removed UI error that could occur if players were idle for a long period of time in the Main Menu.
- Using controller + mouse now disables target assist.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed Players to move faster by sliding just before landing from a jump.
- Fixed an issue where moving while crouching or ADS did not properly reduce your audio footprint.
- Addressed issues that affected Cryptokey earn rate consistency across game modes.
- In Hardcore, AI-controlled Scorestreaks will no longer count towards the kick limit.
- Cerberus – AI-controlled
- Talon – AI-controlled
- RAPS Drones
- GI Unit
- Resolved issue where Specialist weapon progression was not tracking in round-based game modes.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were being awarded Cryptokeys when not participating in matches.
- Teammates can no longer damage friendly Scorestreaks in Hardcore.
- Addressed issue where Players were able to place turrets underwater after using Rejack.
- Fixed exploit whereby Players were able to obtain the Hellstorm Scorestreaks repeatedly without earning them.
- Addressed bug where Players were able to pick up a turret while controlling the HC-XD.
- Fixed an issue in Free-for-All where the Mothership could not be locked onto by Launchers.
- Adjusted the spawn logic for Lightning Strike to better match the blast radius.
- Adjusted spawn logic in TDM and Kill Confirmed to increase the chance of spawning with your team.
- Fixed issue where hit markers moved off center when being damaged.
- “Popular” will replace “Moshpit” in the next season. Popular features 6v6 on a mix of Domination and Kill Confirmed game modes.
- Domination and Kill Confirmed will be added to Arena Leaderboards.
- Addressed issue where Emblem Editor UI would remain behind the Arena Pro Series pre-game sequence if the Player was editing a layer during lobby transition.
- Arena default Custom Classes no longer contain restricted items.
- Removed the Map Voting stage from Arena.
- Fixed issue where the CTF Custom Game Settings win rules were flipped in the UI.
- Titles for Custom Games are now displayed in the lobby with the game mode and map.
- Official variants have been added to Custom Game modes for Hardcore and CWL rules (Call of Duty World League).
- An “Official” badge is displayed in lobby map image for Official game variants.
- Fixed incorrect Capture the Flag Rule Win Condition description text in game rules.ZOMBIES
- Offline Zombies now available on PC.
- Daily Challenge feature added.
- Ready-Up functionality has returned to the Zombies lobby.
- Fixed an issue where Players were not able to achieve prestige master status.
- Fine-tuned weapon balance.
- Addressed issue where GobbleGum users infrequently consumed the wrong Player’s stock.
- Fixed issue where Players were being kicked from match in 4-Player split screen.
- Fixed issues where lightning effect wasn’t playing on various weapons.
- Fixed several issues with Daily Challenges not showing the correct reward.
- Resolved an issue where GobbleGums wouldn’t activate for different users after already being used once in the map.
- Resolved an issue where, upon reviving a player, they could experience a functionality loss after using a GobbleGum that requires manual activation.CAMPAIGN
- Added support for the Tactical Mode “auto-on” feature.
- Resolved an issue that occasionally prevents completed accolades from registering after finishing a level. This would have prevented Players from achieving the Combat Distinction and Campaign Master challenges.