2K Games and Gearbox have released a massive update for the PC version of Borderlands 2. This new patch will update your game’s version to 1.6.0 and will add new items to the Black Market, will address various issues, exploits and bugs that have been reported, will disable the daily lockout for raid bosses, and will make some changes to a number of characters. This update will be auto-downloaded next time your start the Steam client and you can view its complete changelog below.
Borderlands 2 Update 1.6.0 Changelog:
• Added new items to the Black Market
– One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 100 Eridium each.
– Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 150 and 200 Eridium respectively.
– Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 150 and 200 Eridium respectively.
• Added zoom amount to weapon cards.
• Rarity of loot drop rates have been increased for enemies level 61 and above.
• Enemy health regen in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode increased for enemies level 61 and above.
• Addressed an issue that could cause credits music to continue for some players when the credits were exited early.
• Set the “Surprise!” challenge to be visible for everyone instead of unlocking after completing another challenge.
• Addressed an issue that could cause loot dropped from Terramorphous to not be pick-up-able or visible to all players.
• Addressed an issue where the user could lose functionality of their weapon as a Psycho when activating Buzz Axe Rampage and Hellfire Halitosis simultaneously right before being killed.
• Addressed an issue that would sometimes grant players two sets of rewards for completing one mission.
• Addressed an exploit that allowed players to “win” a duel by killing themselves with environmental damage.
• Addressed an issue that could prevent the “Thresher Thrashed” achievement/trophy from being unlocked in a split-screen game.
• Addressed an issue that could cause players to be unable to complete the “Can You Hear Me Now” and “Big Guns” challenges.
• Addressed an issue causing the Death Mark symbol on the Sheriff of Lynchwood to appear in the wrong location.
• Addressed an exploit that could allow players to increase their skill points beyond intended amounts.
• Addressed an issue sometimes causing Flynt not drop any unique loot in True Vault Hunter Mode and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
• Added safeguards to better protect players against hacked items and weapons — invalid items will now be automatically removed from a player’s inventory.
• Addressed an issue that stopped players from loading inside the Natural Selection Annex if they saved and quit there without completing a specific objective of the Wildlife Preservation mission.
• Disabled the daily lockout for raid bosses
• Shoved The Warrior off into the abyss after he dies so that players can always grab loot that he might otherwise have been sitting on.
• Addressed an issue that could cause players to lose control of their characters when using certain telescopes simultaneously in a multiplayer game.
• Addressed a few issues that could cause BNK-3R to get stuck or otherwise not complete his death animation properly.
• Addressed an issue causing E-Tech weapons given as mission rewards to show up as the wrong rarity.
• Increased Voracidous’s shield to intended levels in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
• Increased the Eridium required to enter Terramorphous’s den.
• Addressed an issue causing Flynt to sometimes not jump down and engage the player.
• Saved the player’s vehicle skin choice so that it doesn’t have to be re-chosen in each new play session.
• Addressed an issue causing the earned/total customization count in a customization station to be incorrect.
• Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause items acquired via SHiFT to be capped incorrectly at level 50.
• Addressed an issue where Seraph and Torgue vending machines were unresponsive to mouse input.
• Addressed an exploit where clients could dupe items in a trade duel.
• Addressed a problem where the SHiFT account screen would sometimes not respond to input if players were using a gamepad but Steam was not in Big Picture mode.
• Addressed an issue causing the Home and End keys to not update the customization preview when using a customization station.
• Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty
– (Captain Scarlett DLC) Addressed an issue allowing the treasure room to be re-entered multiple times after defeating the Leviathan.
– (Captain Scarlett DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause players to be stuck under the world when traveling to a new zone while in the destroyed hovercraft in Captain Scarlett content.
• Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
– (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Addressed an issue where players could get slowed for the duration of a game session if they left an area after being slowed by a witch doctor.
• Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue causing Zer0’s critical hit indicator to not display on Mimics.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Taught Necromancers how to cast their skeleton-summoning spell more reliably.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause the “A Single Deadly Bite” challenge to not unlock.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue of audio not playing from dwarves at the entry to the mines on the mission Dwarven Allies.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed the timing of some effects when transitioning from bright, sunny skies to dark and brooding ones and vice versa.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause Roland to be holding a sword and a gun in the same hand.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause the player to be unable to progress if taking an alternate route to Flamerock Refuge.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue causing client players in a multiplayer game to not see magical effects when activating the “My Dead Brother” mission.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue that could cause the “Keep Rollin’ Rollin’ Rollin'” achievement to not unlock when the player rolls a 20.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Addressed an issue causing class mods with “Good” in their name to be detrimental to reloads.
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Added a third vault symbol to the Dwarven Mines for players to discover.
• Addressed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
– My First Gun
– Clan War: Wakey Wakey
– No Vacancy
– Shielded Favors
– Breaking the Bank
– Toil and Trouble
– A Train To Catch
– (Tiny Tina DLC) A Role-Playing Game
– (Tiny Tina DLC) The Magic of Childhood
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Denial, Anger, Initiative
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Dwarven Allies
– (Tiny Tina DLC) Winter is a Bloody Business
• Addressed an issue that could cause errant mission indicators to appear above rabid skags when players had not yet accepted any Animal Rescue missions in True Vault Hunter Mode.
• Addressed an issue that could result in players being stuck at the beginning of the game in True Vault Hunter Mode and unable to complete any missions.
• Addressed an issue that could cause an incorrect waypoint to be displayed for the mission “Hidden Journals”.
• Addressed the Pot’O’Gold shield to drop items correctly when the player is damaged while wearing it.
• Addressed audio from Booster and Adaptive shields not playing during co-op games.
• Addressed certain projectiles (such as rockets fired from a Tunguska) sometimes passing through objects instead of detonating on them.
• Addressed an issue causing some assault rifle barrels to give lower damage bonuses than intended.
• Addressed the Blood of Terramorphous and Blood of the Seraphs relics to no longer be capped at level 50.
• Addressed an issue causing item cards to sometimes show incorrect critical hit modifiers for weapons.
• Addressed an issue causing alignment of sights on certain pistols to be incorrect when zoomed in.
• Addressed the “Breath of the Seraphs” relic to scale above level 50.
• Addressed an issue where the Psycho could get stuck and not animate when killed in a certain way.
• Addressed an issue where client Psycho players would sometimes not play the fire breathing animation when activating Hellfire Halitosis and Buzz Axe Rampage at the same time.
• Addressed an issue that could cause clients playing as Psychos to retain the buzzaxe in their hands if the action skill ended while they were on a ladder.
• Addressed an exploit causing Mechromancer’s Discord skill to stay active after respeccing.
• Addressed Zer0’s Kunai skill stacking to higher damage amounts that intended under certain conditions.
• Addressed an issue that could cause the Gunzerker to have two weapons attached to his right hand when his action skill was deactivated in a certain way.
• Addressed an issue causing Psychos using the Raving Retribution skill to be chattier than intended.
• Addressed an issue where the Psycho would sometimes not be put into the down state when applying the “Redeem the Soul” skill.
• Removed some challenges Psycho players are unable to complete due to Krieg’s heft.
• Addressed players using alternate control schemes being unable to perform certain actions such as the Psycho’s dynamite toss or the Assassin’s action skill melee.
• Addressed an issue causing the Psycho’s Buzz Axe Bombardier skill to block stacks of Taste of Blood from accruing.
• Addressed an issue that could cause the Psycho’s Hellfire Halitosis visual effects to persist indefinitely.
• Addressed the Reset Skill Tree prompt in customization stations showing incorrect totals for the Psycho.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."