Now here is something a bit different. 2tainment has announced that Biotope, the first and only photorealistic aquarium simulator to date, will be coming to Steam Early Access on July 23rd. In order to celebrate this announcement, the publisher has released a new gameplay trailer that you can find below.
According to the game’s description, Biotope makes it possible to create populations of fishes and plants and actively influence their complete life cycle. Players will face strategic challenges and manage the expansion and operation of the aquarium, with a limited budget.
Biotope realistically simulates chemical and biological parameters, meaning that players will have to keep an eye on values such as temperature, pH, carbonate hardness, nitrates, and ammonia, so their aquarium will provide the perfect living conditions for your fish. Players will also use authentic equipment such as filters pumps and lamps to preserve your biotope and create ideal living conditions for your fishes and plants.
The game promises to have many decorative objects are available to you to make beautiful and unusual biotopes. Furthermore, and depending on the quality and performance of the individual components, their durability and impact on the entire ecosystem of the aquarium will change.
Biotope’s Steam Early Access version will have the following features:
- Care and Maintenance: Take care of a complex ecosystem and ensure the health of fish and plants.
- Trade: Trade with a variety of items, fish and plants in the shop
- Aquarium Editor: Set up your aquariums to your liking, place plants, devices and accessories.
- Real growth of plants and fish.
- Defects on devices: Each device gives up the ghost once. Keep an eye on the condition of the equipment and repair or replace it in good time.
- Manipulation of the timeline: To experiment you can create breeding tanks with time-lapse! Use this to get fast results.
- Economy: Use your budget effectively to cover operating costs and new acquisitions. Or fill your purse with quest rewards and trade.
- Aquarist Level and Quests: Improve your level to acquire new content in the shop or to receive special quests.