Mortal Kombat Project Season 2.9 is by far the best MK Mugen game, and we are happy to report that a brand new version of it is available for download. As with all Mugen games, this is a free game and this latest Ultimate update, created by Gui Santos, brings numerous improvements and fixes.
Going into more details, Mortal Kombat Project Season 2.9 Ultimate Update brings new sounds for the menu and character select from MK Armageddon and new sounds after win a round and during the Finish Him/Her time, and features plenty of characters (with some of them hidden in the left and right side of the screen), over 400 stages and easier brutalities (you can execute them by simply keep pressing “High Punch” key).
The new characters that are being introduced are:
- Pesina’s Cage (Hanzo & Gus Edit), Reptile MK1 (Original/Boss Mode)
- Scorpion (regular, MKOW and Shinobi), Takeda
- Sub-Zero (Shinobi & MKDA), Kobra
- MKOW versions of Kung Lao, Sheeva and Smoke
- Kitana (regular), Jade (regular), Rain (regular; Ermaccer Edit)
- Mileena (regular), Human versions of Hydro, Cyrax and Sektor, Khrome, Magnectro
- Cyrax (regular), Sektor (regular), Fujin (MKM), Aqua, Sabitsuki
- Reptile (regular), Tremor (regular), Hornbuckle MK3, Johnny Cage (regular)
- MK2 edits of Ermac, Tremor, Skarlet, Rain and Chameleon
- MK1 edits of Smoke, Noob Saibot, Rain and Chameleon
Those interested can download Mortal Kombat Project Season 2.9 Ultimate Update from here.
As a bonus, we’ve also included below an updated version of the Mortal Kombat 2 Mugen game. Mortal Kombat 2 Season 2.5 Engine is based on Borg’s Season 2.5 engine with Gui Santos’ tweaks and improvements, and you can download it from here.