It is nice to see Ubisoft supporting their games, especially with free updates. Ubisoft is far from my favorite company, but they done well with the Division 2 and free content is always welcome.
This is the first episode of the upcoming free content. There will be three in total. This one adds two main missions. The first one is Manning National Zoo and the second is Camp White Oak. These missions will continue the story of the main game, specifically after the final battle at Tidal Basin.
The Expeditions will be a new PVP mode, where players will search for surviving members of a lost military convoy transferring large quantities of supplies. New weapons and items will be added as well. Unfortunately the classified assignments, Washington’s Central Aquarium and NSA B13 site, will be exclusive to Year 1 Pass holders.
Lastly the update will add a new difficulty setting named Discovery for the Operation Dark Hours raid. The update will be available for everyone on July 30th and a week before for all the Year 1 Pass holders.
Here is everything that will be featured in Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions:
- Two New Main Missions
- Camp White Oak: Division Agents stage a well-planned attack into the presidential compound, as they seek to bring the now-traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, fled after her defeat in D.C. and is now held up at the Zoo regaining strength. Agents are on the hunt to eliminate Shaw, nipping the Outcasts’ reawakening in the bud.
- New experience: Expeditions
- In this new experience, players enter Kenly College, where contact has been lost with a military convoy full of vital supplies. When they receive what appears to be a final broadcast, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue. Expeditions will be split in three different wings for players to complete. Each wing will have a specific theme and tone, to be released on a week-by-week basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
- New Weapons and Gear: Players can obtain:
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
- Classified Assignments: Agents can take on two new classified assignments in Washington’s Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13 (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders).
Alongside new content, Episode 1 will also bring game updates based on player feedback:
- New Discovery Difficulty setting for the “Operation Dark Hours” Raid
- The new Discovery Difficulty setting, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, will allow more players to experience The Division 2 in its entirety. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal difficulty setting, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can expect a variety of great rewards, while training for the Normal Difficulty.
- Crafting improvements
- Players can now craft their gear up until Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters. Additionally, crafted weapons can now be recalibrated.
- Weapons balancing and skills buff
- As part of the ongoing updates to answer community feedback, awaited balance and buffs will be added to the next title update.