THQ Nordic and Phenomic have released an Anniversary Edition of SpellForce 2 on Steam. This new version of SpellForce 2 will be available for free to all existing owners of Spellforce 2 Gold Edition and comes with grass rendering and view distance improvements.
In addition, SpellForce 2 – Anniversary Edition features improved leaf rendering, improved lighting, improved shadows, and now supports only Shader Model 3.0.
Furthermore, THQ Nordic and Phenomic have re-implemented multiplayer and NAT traversal for a smooth online experience, added widescreen support, as well as support for modern operating systems.
Here is the complete changelog for SpellForce 2 – Anniversary Edition:
Anniversary Edition Features:
- Re-implemented multiplayer and NAT traversal for a smooth online experience
- Many Bugfixes
- Additions and Fixes for the Free Game Mode
- Widescreen Support
- Full compatibility with modern operating systems
Major Engine & Technical Re-Design/Re-Work:
- Grass rendering improved
- View distance improvements
- Improved trees (trunk/branch)
- Improved leaf rendering (add leaf subsurface scattering)
- Improved lighting (per pixel, basic Bidirectional reflectance distribution function specular, rim light, view dependent ambient, etc)
- Improved shadows (soft shadows, percentage-closer filtering)
- Shader Model 3.0 usage only