Killer Instict’s Creative Director, Adam Isgreen, has confirmed via a Twitch interview that Killer Instict Season 3 will be coming to the PC this March. Adam also confirmed what most of us feared; this game will be exclusive to Windows 10. Whether this means that it will be a DX12-only game remains to be seen.
Killer Instict Season 3 will feature a new Dojo tutorial and will feature more characters at launch than there were available in the launch of Season 2. Tusk and Kim Wu have also been confirmed to be available at launch. Naturally, everyone on the roster will have tweaks to help balance the game to compensate for the new features and mechanics being introduced in Season 3.
As we already know, the game will offer cross-play platform support between Xbox One and the PC.
Here is what has been confirmed so far for Killer Instict Season 3 (thanks Reddit)
Rumors that have been confirmed
- It will release in March 2016
- It is Windows 10 exclusive
- An updated Dojo Tutorial
- Tusk and Kim Wu have been confirmed to appear at launch and both will have retro costumes
- More characters will be available at launch than there were in the launch of Season 2. The remaining few will be available in the coming months.
- Everyone on the roster will have tweaks to help balance the game to compensate for the new features and mechanics being introduced in Season 3
New information that has been confirmed
- Two characters that are currently on the roster will be re-worked. That means their set ups and how they gain meter will be different. It is confirmed that these two characters are not Glacius, Aganos, or Shadow Jago.
- Although Ultimates for every character isn’t confirmed, it is possible for all the characters to receive Ultimates due to the tech they developed when they created ARIA.
- They will reveal more information at Pax South in San Antonio, TX sometime between January 29-31
- There will be more community bundles in Season 3 due to the success of the Shadow Jago Fund Raiser. The purpose of the Fund Raisers will be determined by the community on what they want to see in Season 3 that didn’t make the cut by launch. So if you want to see a certain guest character, stage, mode, feature, ect. that didn’t make the cut, make yourself heard. They are actively seeking out the community’s input.